Enter a Film
Withoutabox logos are trademarks of Withoutabox, a DBA of IMDb.com Inc. or its affiliates.
1. All films must be by, with or about people with a disability, disabled or Deaf.
2. Entries close 30 April 2014 (Late entries accepted up to 15 May. Higher fee applies)
3. Films may be any form, genre or length.
4. Complete an online entry, including payment, using Withoutabox
5. Supply two preview DVDs (Region Code 0 or 4, PAL or NTSC)
|April 30, 2014
|May 14, 2014
I’m having problems with Withoutabox, what do I do?
How do I pay my entry fee?
Entry fees are payable online through Withoutabox.
When will I be notified if my entry has been selected?
Entrants will be advised by 30 June 2014
If my film is selected, what do I need to do then?
Supply screening media, publicity kit and stills by 15 July 2014.
What types of screening media do I have to provide?
Screening media MUST be supplied as High quality QuickTime H264 1920×1080 file, 100mbps
Why does the festival need to receive media files so long before the festival?
The festival requires additional time to create captioned and audio described versions of all films prior to the festival.
What if my film is not in English?
Films in languages other than English MUST be subtitled in English. This includes deaf languages such as Auslan, British Sign language, American Sign Language etc.
How long does my film need to be?
Films may be any length.
What genres, forms and styles are accepted?
The festival is open to all genres and all forms. However, films must be by, with or about people with a disability, disabled or deaf.
Is there a completion date requirement?
No, there is no cut off date. However, films completed since 2010 will be viewed more favourably.
Do films need to be Australian or World premieres?
No, there is no premiere requirement. However, films that have not previously screened in Melbourne will be viewed more favourably.
What if my film already has distribution?
Projects may have a distribution agreement in Australia. However, films that have not had theatrical release or national broadcast will be regarded more favourably.
When will the festival be held?
3 to 7 December 2014 at Arts House, North Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. All films must be made by, with or about people with a disability or Deaf.
2. We must receive the following by 30 April, 2014: a) Completed Withoutabox entry at www.withoutabox.com/login/5000 b) Entry fee c) Two (2) preview DVDs (Region Code 0 or 4, PAL format preferred) with WAB Tracking Number written on cover.
3. The Entrant warrants to The Other Film Festival that the film does not infringe on any rights, including copyright and third party, and that the Entrant has obtained all necessary releases and permissions to enter the film.
4. If the film is selected, the Entrant must supply a high quality, full resolution QuickTime HD H264 1920 x 1080 (minimum 100Mbps) screening version of the film by 15 July 2014. If the screening media is not received by this date the film will not be accepted for screening at the festival.
5. The Entrant grants The Other Film Festival the following rights: a) To screen or otherwise exhibit the film at the festival’s screening events, including any and all subsequent touring programs of the festival, b) To create and screen a Captioned and Audio Described version for screening at the festival, c) To reproduce and disseminate short extracts of the film for promotional purposes, including online at www.otherfilmfestival.com d) To add the film to a compilation program for publicity purposes eg previewing and reviewing by journalists. e) To print or reproduce digital stills provided by the Entrant for all promotional and marketing purposes.
6. All preview DVDs will be held by the festival for archival purposes. Preview DVDs will not be returned to the Entrant for any reason.
7. The Entrant releases and holds harmless The Other Film Festival for any damage or loss.
8. The Other Film Festival undertakes to do the following: a) To notify Entrants via Withoutabox when DVDs are received. b) To inform all entrants of selection decisions by 30 June 2014. c) To return (or forward, at the Entrants request) the screening media immediately after the festival. d) To award a prize to the best film. All films screened at the festival are eligible. (All prizes will be confirmed closer to the festival and announced on the festival website.)